Travel Medicine Clinic
The International Travel Medicine Clinic at the Mission Hospital provides travel medicine consultation by the specialist specialized in the field of Tropical medicine and Travel Medicine for the tourists traveling to SEA.
- Travel vaccinations and certification
- Travel wellness advice
- Treatment of tropical and travel related illnesses
- Treatment of routine medical problems
- Laboratory diagnostic facility
- Pre- and Post-travel counseling and checkup
- Post-exposure prevention of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Travel Wellness Advice
We provide a complete range of travel wellness advice, prevention, medication and treatments for travelers going to and coming from around the world. The travel wellness advice is based on individual healthcare needs and travel itinerary of the customers.
- Intestinal parasites
- Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E
- Insect bites and stings
- Dengue fever
- Japanese encephalitis
- Snakes, scorpions and lizards
- Coral injuries
- Fish and sea creaturesDiptheria, tetanus, pertussis
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Influenza Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Varicella Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Tetanus Vaccine
Blood Testing & Laboratory services:
- Liver and kidney function tests
- Sexually transmitted disease screening
- Pregnancy Test
- Hepatitis A, B, C – check for infection and immunity
- Stool examination for parasites, amoeba, and other infections of the intestine
- Drug testing for methamphetamines, morphine, heroin, marijuana and opiates
Tailored Travel Advice
Our physicians will give you travel wellness advice specific to meet your health and travel plans. This would include previous illness, allergies, chronic medical problems, routine medical problems such as diarrhea, vomiting, minor injuries, skin rashes and infections, colds, flu and other respiratory infections and Common health Problems in Travelers, such as:
Vector Borne Diseases Include;
- Dengue, Malaria, Filariasis, Hemorrhagic fevers, Yellow fever, Typhus, Plague, Lyme disease, Food borne infections.
Common Person to Person Contracted Disease include:
- Influenza, Diphtheria, Hepatitis B/C, Meningitis, HIV, Tuberculosis, and common childhood illnesses, such as measles, mumps, rubella and pertussis.
Food and Water Borne Diseases include:
- These diseases include amoebiasis, cholera, cryptosporidiosis, cyclosporiasis, giardiasis, hepatitis A, hepatitis E, polio, seafood poisoning and toxins, traveller’s diarrhea, and typhoid fever.
Diseases Associated with Bites and Stings include:
- Fire and bites, jellyfish stings, scorpion stings and snake bites, Rabies,
Diseases Associated with water or environmental contact include:
- Larva migrans, Schistosomiasis
Diseases Occurring or Following Travel include:
- Motion sickness, Barotrauma, Thromboembolism, Jet lag.
Diseases Associated with Environmental Factors include:
- Heat exhaustion, Sunburn, Hypothermia, Respiratory distress, Altitude sickness.
Complete in-house laboratory and x-ray facilities are available 24 hours a day.
Consultant Physician - Dr. Nick Walters
BS, MD (U.S.A), DTM&H(London), FAAFP, ABFP (Diplomate)
Family Medicine, Tropical medicine, Preventive Medicine
Appointment / Inquiries: