Invasive Pneumococcal Disease
What caused Pneumococcal Disease?
Pneumococcal disease is a name for any infection caused by bacteria called Streptococcus pneumoniae or pneumococcus.
Pneumococcal pneumonia (lung infection) is the most common serious form of pneumococcal disease.
- Fever and chills
- Rapid breathing or difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
Older adults with pneumococcal pneumonia may experience confusion or low alertness, rather than the more common symptoms listed above.
There are vaccines to help prevent pneumococcal disease.
Pneumococcal disease is common in young children, but older adults are at greatest risk of serious illness and death. Vaccines are the best way to prevent pneumococcal disease. CDC Recommends Pneumococcal Vaccination for Young Children, Older Adults, and Certain Other People.
- All children younger than 2 years old
- People 2 years or older with certain medical conditions
- In addition, adults 65 years or older may discuss and decide, with their clinician, to receive PCV13.
Prevnar 13 Vaccine Package Price: 2,800 Baht/dose
- All adults 65 years or older
- People 2 through 64 years old with certain medical conditions
- Adults 19 through 64 years old who smoke cigarettes
Some groups may need multiple or booster doses. Talk with your or your child’s clinician about what is best for your specific situation.
Pneumovax 23 Vaccine Package Price: 1,800 Baht/dose
Appointment / Inquiries: